Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Keep the Love Coming Bambi's Way!

I am numb, I refuse to let fear or sadness get hold of me right now. The time requires for me to be the best that I can be, courageous, thinking smart, compassionate, loving, patient, strong...and I haven't been all that all at one time.

But some very special people are inspiring me and they have lit the fire in my heart to keep going. Bambi's biopsy results are not good. Our next step is to take her to the oncologist. So, I have been making phone calls and looking at vet reviews to find the right one for Big Girl.

To the lovely young lady who just so generously handed over her newly cashed school money to add the Bambi fund, thank you for your good heart.

Today we met with a new lovely friend who we have known only for a few months, right before the 2010 elections. She really doesn't know me and Sami very well, but her heart went out to us to help us financially with Bambi's health care. I thank her for her love, her trust (that we are not out to make a buck for ourselves), and her beautiful spirit.

And my Russian friend who just plainly stated "Friends help Friends!" Girl, you touched my heart and I was crying all morning from your loving concern and love. And how you allow me to keep my dignity in my time of need. You are truly precious, a Michael sent!

Our little French friend who has always been there with Bambi during the summer. In fact, we all established that she is Bambi's dog. The love and spoiling you gave our Lab diva goes a long way in instilling that beautiful and feisty attitude in her. I know your influence gave her fun and a spunk that will never quit. Thanks for your help.

Thanks to Johnny for visiting and giving her some time and love. You know that she loves people so much that the petting and the hugging does wonders for her spirit!

And most of all, to Sami, how can I ever do without you? For standing strong, keeping a level head, cleaning, cooking, giving meds, keeping watch at night...you are non-stoppable love. Your nurturing love has been the fuel that keeps Bambi happy and strong.

Today, Bambi went to see the horses, the sunset at the Lake, and just enjoyed some great mountain air. She loves nature and it just really gets her energized.

Tomorrow, we will find out more about the treatment and the journey ahead. For the past few days, we have been taking good care of Bambi's diet, supplements, exercise, and all that good stuff, trying to get her strong and ready for treatment.



Again, please pray for Bambi's healing and daily beautiful miracles, big and small



And here is the rest of it.

No comments: