Sunday, March 8, 2009

We Love You Gibby!


When you lose a pet, it is always a sad time. I've been trying to push down my sadness losing our cotton ball hamster sweetheart, Gibby. But it is not right to not acknowledge a life that has added so much joy to our home. I haven't talked about it, I do not want to feel sad, I wish she's still running on her little hamster wheel.

Gibby was a rescue from a horrible pet shop condition. Sami brought her home two years ago in spite of my protests. Knowing that the dwarf hamster's life span is so short, I really didn't feel like getting attached to someone who wasn't going to be around for a long time. But I am glad that we were blessed with her presence in our lives.

Gibby is the cutest little cotton ball, round, soft, and Sami says she loves me best. She was my room mate for a little while and would always greet me when I entered the room, happy, excited, and eager to see me. She best enjoyed the scrambled eggs that I made her. To me, she looked like she always had a smile on her face.

Sami spoils all our pets. I am glad that for her life she had the best yum-yums, Sami's enthusiastic chatter and baby talk, and an awesome interesting environment.

I really am not ready to face the loss of or sweet Gibby; but neither am I ready not to acknowledge the wonderful joy, laughter, and companionship she blessed us with. I will forever consider our home blessed because of the chance to have known Gibby.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/photo.php?pid=31315&id=1592679237

No comments: